Continuing from last week, here is another simple gift to make for Christmas. This week’s idea and recipe are from my cousin Katy. She got this from her friend Elizabeth as a shower gift. I know it will be perfect for Christmas too. Thank you Katy and Elizabeth!
ELIZABETH’S OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
Makes 3 – 4 dozen
- Empty entire jar of cookie mix into large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with fork.
- Add 1 ½ sticks butter softened ** (Note: a stick of butter = ¼ pound)
- 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix with hands
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts.
- Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350F for 9 – 11 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet then place on a rack to cool.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
Layer in 1 quart mason jar in order given, tapping each layer firmly down before adding next ingredient.
So what colour of ribbon should we put on this one?
cookie jar photos from Katy